SỞ GIÁO DỤC VÀ ĐÀO TẠO
KỲ THI CHỌN HỌC SINH GIỎI TỈNH CẤP THPT
Thời gian làm bài: 180 phút (không kể thời gian giao đề)
HƯỚNG DẪN PHẦN THI NGHE HIỂU.
- Bài nghe gồm 3 phần, mỗi phần được nghe 2 lần, mỗi lần cách nhau 15 giây, mở đầu và kết thúc mỗi phần nghe có tín hiệu.
- Mọi hướng dẫn cho thí sinh (bằng Tiếng Anh) đã có trong bài nghe.
Part 1: For questions 1-10, listen to a conversation and fill in the blank with the missing information. Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS and /or A NUMBER for each answer in the spaces provided.
Silver Owl Campsite, Booking Form
- Reference: (1) ______________________
- Name of school: (2) ______________________ High School
- Number in Group: 22
- Arrival: Friday, 22nd (3) ______________________
- Accommodation: (4) 5 x 5-person ______________________
- Facilities: (5) ______________________ and pool
Equipment: 5 bicycles
5 space hoppers
- (6) 10 ______________________
- Contact name: Sarah (7) ______________________
- Phone number: (mobile) (8) ______________________
Phone number: (eve) 02380 482 652
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 76-78 (9) ______________________ Terrace, Southampton
Method of payment: school credit card
- Card number (if applicable): (10) ______________________
Part 2: For questions 1-5, listen to a news reporter called Angela Bond, talking on the radio about her job and choose the best answer(A, B or C) according to what you hear. Write your answers in the corresponding numbered boxes.
1. Where is Angela working at the moment?
A. Britain B. the USA C. Asia
2. Angela likes her job because she ___________
A. loves being in dangerous situations.
B. never knows where she'll go next.
C. enjoys watching important events happen.
3. What did Angela bring home from Hong Kong?
A. pictures B. carpets C. furniture
4. Where did Angela meet her boy friend?
A. at her sister's house B. at university C. in Hong Kong
5. What does Angela do to relax?
A. She cooks a meal B. She goes sailing C. She goes shopping
Part 3: For questions 1-10, listen to an interview with a woman called Grace Conolly who is talking about her travel experiences in New Zealand and fill in the blank with the missing information. Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each answer in the spaces provided.
New Zealand Journey
- Grave travelled around south Island on something called (1) _______________________
- The first part of Grace's journey took her along the (2) ________________________ coast of the island.
- When Grace took a day trip to a place called Kaikoura, she particularly wanted to see (3) ____________________
- Grace has kept in touch with a friend from (4)________________________ since she returned home.
- Grace took her own (5)_______________________ to New Zealand, so didn't need to hire one.
- The best part of the trip for grace was jet-boating on the Buller River with a company called (6) ___________________.
- Grace had to visit a hospital because she injured her (7) __________________________.
- At a market, Grace bought a (8) __________________________ to take home.
- The name of the hostel that Grace particularly recommends is the (9) ___________________________.
- Grace plans to go (10) ___________________________ with friends when she next visits North Island.
Part 1: Choose the word or phrase that best completes each sentence. Write your answer A, B, C or D in the numbered boxes.
1. ___________ the weather forecast, it will rain heavily later this morning.
A. On account of B. According to C. Because of D. Due to
2. I read the contract again and again __________ avoiding making spelling mistakes.
A. in view of B. in terms of C. with a view to D. by means of
3. It's a shame they didn't pick you up, but it doesn't _______ out the possibility that you might get a job in a different department.
A. strike B. cancel C. draw D. rule
4. I reckon Mark is ________ of a nervous breakdown.
A. in charge B. under suspicion C. on the verge D. indicative
5. Many local authorities realize there is a need to make _______ for disabled people in their housing programmes.
A. assitance B. conditions C. admittance D. provision
6. It turned out that we _________ rushed to the airport as the plane was delayed by several hours.
A. hadn't B. should have C. mustn't have D. needn't have
7. All three TV channels provide extensive _________ of sporting events.
A. coverage B. vision C. broadcast D. network
8. No matter how angry he was, he would never ________ to violence.
A. resolve B. recourse C. exert D. resort
9. ________ as a masterpiece, a work of art must transcend the ideals of the period in which it was created.
A. Ranking B. To be ranked C. Being ranked D. In order to be ranking
10. _________, the people who come to this club are in their twenties and thirties.
A. By and large B. All together C. To a degree D. Virtually
11. I am afraid that you have _________ the deadline, so we can't take your application into account.
A. missed B. met C. delayed D. put off
12. The main aim of the campaign is to raise _______ of the issues involved.
A. knowledge B. awareness C. attention D. acquaintance
13. After so many years, it is great to see him _________ his ambitions.
A. get B. realise C. possess D. deserve
14. It was confirmed that the accident was caused by human ________.
A. error B. slip C. fault D. blunder
15. The roadworks made ________ to the hotel from the main road difficult.
A. entrance B. approach C. access D. ways in
Part 2: Write the correct FORM of each bracketed word in the numbered space provided in the column on the right. (0) has been done as an example.
Part 3: The passage below contains 10 mistakes. UNDERLINE the mistake and WRITE THEIR CORECT FORMS in the space provided in the column on the right. (0) has been done as an example.
Part 4: Fill in the gaps in the following sentences with suitable particles. Write your answers in the corresponding numbered boxes.
0. Could you deal ________ this problem. I'm rather busy.
1. The Minister is also implicated __________ the scandal.
2. Irrespective _________ the poor weather conditions the search for the missing child was continued.
3. I have been using her computer ever since she placed it __________ my disposal.
4. I met him at the party and he asked __________ you.
5. You can't miss him. That haircut makes him stand ___________ in a crowd.
Part 5: Complete each sentence with a correct phrasal verb from the box. Write your answers in the numbered boxes. Each phrasal verb is used only once.
make up for
1. The managing director __________ the company's poor performance to high interest rates.
2. The police were able to __________ the car thieves using satellite technology.
3. This is a sensitive matter, and we have to __________ dealing with it very carefully.
4. David's new album is expected to ___________ at the end of the year.
5. I hope this award will ____________ your disappointment at not winning the first prize.
6. The company has decided to ___________ production of cars at its factory in Hull.
7. You might need a calculator to __________ this problem.
8. Claire decided to __________ the job, because it would have meant more travelling.
9. Our maths teacher simply won't _________ any talking in class.
10. Helen is going to the airport to _________ some friends.
Download tài liệu để xem thêm chi tiết